Wednesday, August 18, 2010

CBC is a Superhero

So, yesterday evening I had a quick conversation about this blog and these ideas with a good family friend, and she mentioned not really always being able to follow what I'm on about. Which I think is fair: I'll be the first to admit I occasionally do lose sight of the forest through the trees; I sometimes have a hard time communicating what I want, and sort of leave out the important details.

But, once again, thank goodness, CBC has rescued me from myself. I was driving over to the LCBO this evening and had on the radio, and it being after 9 Paul Kennedy's Ideas was on and guess what?

They are currently running a 3-part series called Have Your Meat and Eat It Too, all about factory farming and the food system!

So for those of you who have been tempted to read the book I've been plugging but cannot quite bring yourselves to buy a copy/ sign one out of the library / root around at Value Village / ask to borrow mine, you can get the meat and potatoes (!) of what I've been saying in only 3 short hours of listening! Carpet sweep your house, put your laundry on the line, make some non-bolognaise spaghetti sauce, and tune in to this program. It's kind of like a greatest hits of The Way We Eat. It's excellent.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the carpet sweeper - do you have one, does it work well for cat hair? We have hardwood with a few rugs, it seems ridiculous to have a vacuum for so little area but I need something... would you recommend a carpet sweeper or was that just a clever eco-friendly addition to your post?

    I've been enjoying reading your blog. You actually inspired me to start my own (http://exploringmyartisticside.blogspot.com/)

    It sounds like you and your family are happy and healthy, that's wonderful.

    Emily Dillabough (AKA Rushton)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice Em!

    While I may not be the most fastidious carpet cleaner, I do only use the carpet sweeper we (do, yes) have. I think ours is probably first or second generation (read: old), but it still works great. Getting the crap out at the end without having the thing fall apart is a little tricky, but even when it does it's pretty easy to put back together. To be honest though, I HATE vacuums, mainly because of the noise, and so does Abby. So the carpet sweeper is dual purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course CBC is a superhero!!! Besides Ideas, there's always The Debaters. Twice a week.

    Lorna, Em's Mum, Anna Bear's Friend, General Vacuum-cleaner hater.

    ReplyDelete